Tata Limited was established in London in 1907 as a representative of Tata Sons in Europe. The company has evolved to become a service provider for many Tata companies for the overseas procurement of goods and services.
Tata Limited provides the interface between Tata in its home market and its various operations in the UK.
Tata Limited has expanded beyond its traditional purchasing activity by introducing sophisticated systems, and now offers comprehensive and highly specialised services that cover almost every type of industry and activity.
The services Tata Limited offers include:
- A fully computerised system for worldwide sourcing of equipment, spares, raw materials and services
- An in-house freight management company specialising in the movement of goods from anywhere in the world to the Indian subcontinent
- Insurance at competitive rates
- Arrangements for making prompt payments, through international banks in London, to suppliers on behalf of buyers in several currencies
- Raising of finance for trading operations and investments
- Identification of potential partners for collaborative ventures
- Representation in the United Kingdom and other parts of Europe for liaison work
- Marketing of products / services in the United Kingdom and other European markets
- Commodity trading in metals and soft commodities
- Besides these, Tata Limited is being geared to providing advice and assistance to Indian companies seeking overseas opportunities for their products
18, Grosvenor Place
London SW1X 7HSPhone:
+44 (20) 7235 8281Fax:
+44 (20) 7235 8727Email: email@example.com